Total Pageviews

Monday, January 24, 2011

Penguins and Cupcakes

Last week I taught a unit on penguins and the kiddos loved it. One of our math lessons was to measure the height of various penguins and then create those same (roughly)sized penguins on butcher paper. Some of the kids did a great job working cooperatively and worked hard at trying to draw the penguin to look as it does in the picture I gave to them. I am putting together a bulletin board of the penguins but here are a few pictures of what they made!

And this little guy is my favorite. The Chinstrap Penguin.
And I found the recipe for these rainbow cupcakes on this awesome blog this weekend so Eliza and I had to try them out. www.pearls-handcuffs-happyhour.blogspot.com. (it won't let me link to a site right now)So fun!



3 comments:

  1. wow those first graders are talented! their penguins look really good! do the cupcakes taste good too?

    ReplyDelete
  2. my fave is the Macaroni penguin. love those penguins! and i see that wine hiding behind the tulips - with the cupcakes in the foreground. yummmmm. wine and cupcakes. i have to look up that cupcake recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahah I love that E is wearing her Daphne wig. Those look so yummy!

    ReplyDelete