Total Pageviews

Monday, January 17, 2011

"Beauty" Must Haves...

I am sitting here staring at the computer trying to come up with something witty to write about from this past long weekend. But. I've got nothing. So I just decided that I'll fill you in on my latest must haves. You know, to feel "beautiful". (Snort). Can one really feel beautiful with baby carrots on her sleeve, marker stains on her fingers, and glue on her pants? But every gal has some favorites that change through the years and here are my faves from the past few months that I MUST use everyday.

This really IS a must for me. I discovered this fabulous item recently and am loving it. Because I was born with no eyelashes. I swear. Well, they are there but they are short. I mean, short. Like nonexistent short. My son has longer eyelashes. He is 9 months. SO alas, I use this and feel like a lady with eyelashes.


And I have to thank my friend Nicole for my new found love of this item.
Because body butter is one thing, but coconut? Yum. And I smell the summer and that is a lovely thing. Winter skin? I hate it's guts. But this stuff makes my winter skin disappear (except for the pasty white color). It's a must for everyday and I can close my eyes while I slather it on and pretend I am tan and at the beach lounging on a chair. Or, at the beach trying to get a tan but really finagling Reid under a sun tent, keeping Eliza from getting hysterical over nearby seagulls, and brushing sand off of her sandwiches. Either way. Beach. Ahhhh.

Speaking of feeling tan.I MUST use some sort of bronzer each day. I have to have a little bit of color or else I feel like I am dead. A walking zombie in the classroom. So ya, I need some color. It's a must.

My mom got me this for ma birfdayyyy. And I love it.
Ya, ya, it's not the same scent as my coconut body butter. BUT, its' still yummy and I love it nonetheless. Almost like a champagny fruity scent.

Last but not least.I wouldn't be a teacher unless I had one of these permanently affixed to my wrist. If I lose one from my wrist, I'm suddenly like a crazy person. "I NEED a hair elastic! Does anyone have an extra?!" Yes, I've been known to use the big rubber office supply ones in an emergency. Cause you know, I WILL try to actually do my hair (once a week) but 9 times out of 10 on that one day that I do my hair, I want it UP around 9:15am. God lord. I need these like I need water, air, and food.

So there you have it. My latest must haves. I am sure this post has really enlightenedbored you to death but at least I have a post. Now I can go to sleep.

2 comments:

  1. I have never, EVER seen you look like a walking zombie while at school. Ever! Great post - I love philosophy stuff - reading the little descriptions on the bottles makes me happy. But then, I'm easy to please!

    ReplyDelete
  2. First of all...You are Gorge without anything, (runs in the fam Obvi). But I gotta say, THANK YOU for the mascara tip. It's the Asian in us that has cursed us for having long eyelashes (or ANY)! So this is fabulous to know, and I plan to run out and get this right away! Mmmm does CVS carry it?? Jk! Do you order it? I've also been looking for a new body cream too! Any objections if I'm pregs?
    Anyhow, thanks for all the great tips Jade! You are rock!

    xoxo-Picca

    ReplyDelete